A former Director of Sustainability for the DuPont Company, Dawn Rittenhouse led the company’s efforts with external organizations such as World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the United Nations Global Compact.
Key AHC Group Assignments:
- Client work includes Walgreens and others
- Chair Diversity and Inclusion workshop session
Dawn Rittenhouse was formerly Director, Sustainability for the DuPont Company.
Ms. Rittenhouse joined DuPont in 1980 and held positions in Technical Service, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management within the Packaging and Industrial Polymers business and Crop Protection businesses. In late 1997, she began working in the corporate organization to assist DuPont businesses in integrating sustainability strategies into their strategy and business management processes. She led DuPont’s efforts at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the United Nations Global Compact.
She currently holds the following positions:
- President, Board of Directors, Delaware Nature Society
- Board of Trustees, The Nature Conservancy of Delaware
- Board of Directors, Future 500, Chair Finance Committee
- Board of Advisors, Conservation Innovation Fund
Ms. Rittenhouse was formerly on the Corporate Consultive Group Advisory Group of the World Resources Institute and the Penn State Smeal Sustainability Council.
- 2015: Green Building & Design “Women in Sustainability Leadership” Award
- 2016: Society of Women Environmental Professionals “Touchstone Award”
- 2017: WBCSD first ever “Leading Women in Sustainability” Award
She has a double major in Chemistry and Economics from Duke University.
Ms. Rittenhouse lives in Wilmington, Delaware. In her free time, she loves photography and outside activities such as running, cycling, hiking, paddleboarding, and kayaking.