A. Dwight Bedsole
AHC Group Senior Associate & Workshop Chair
- Business Director for a $1BBL+/yr. global business (currently $3BBL).
- Lead Strategic Planning Process for Marketing, R&D and Manufacturing. Operations in 13 countries and sales in 70, with 36 global competitors.
- Led complete restructure of global vusiness. Replaced extensive mature product line with new environmentally friendly products in over 30 major end-use markets — enormous effort that spanned three years and involved thousands of customers.
- Developed and implemented global pricing strategies for mature product line in extremely competitive markets.
- Negotiated joint ventures in China and Saudi Arabia and acquisitions in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
- Formation and startup of a 100% subsidiary that marketed environmental remediation services.
- Worked with the US EPA, State Department and UN to negotiate chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) global phase-out plan with the international community (Montreal Protocol).
- At the invitation of the UK Government, participated in the investigation of the Flixborough disaster (1974 vapor cloud explosion at a caprolactam plant) that killed 28 people in Flixborough, England.
- Participated in the formation and management of DuPont Environmental Remediation Services (DERS) — a 100% subsidiary of DuPont (with 350 employees) that sold remediation services to the global market.
- Chartered and managed the DuPont Corporate Remediation Group (CRG).
- Provided testimony on stratospheric ozone depletion before the Committee on Energy and Commerce, House of Representatives, 101st Congress.
- Created mission, vision and principles and provided leadership (17 years) to a group chartered with responsibility to manage DuPont's global environmental remediation liabilities. Annual expenditure of approximately $100 million US; liability estimated $350 million low-end, $1.2bbl high-end.
- Centralized resources — people and funding, created a Center of Excellence for Remediation and managed environmental liabilities with a business approach.
- Member of Remediation Advisory Board for an international oil and gas company. Provided strategic advice and counsel for a three-year period.
- Founder and leader of industry coalition group (20+ companies) in New Jersey (Site Remediation Industry Network — SRIN) that has had significant impact on laws, rules and regulations governing remediation in the State.
- Led Legislative efforts resulting in two bills ( ISRA and Brownfields) that had significant impact on the remediation process in New Jersey.
- Member of Board Directors for National Brownfields Association (NBA).
- Provided Leadership to many industry task groups and advocacy efforts — NJDEP Site Remediation Advisory Group, Brownfield Working Group, and NRD Task Group; and represented the concerns of industry through the development of white papers and presentation of testimony at numerous state, federal and public hearings.
- Presenter and Panelist at national/international industry and regulatory forums on issues related to Superfund, RCRA, Cost/Benefit, Tort Reform, Brownfield Development, Eminent Domain, Natural Resource Damages (NRD), Risk Assessment, Sediments and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Sought after and provided input into the formation of new laws and regulations governing remediation in China and Taiwan.
- Led industry benchmarks on Remediation Management, Toxic Torts, Liability Estimating and Disclosure, Remediation Metrics, and Safety and Remediation Consultant Contracting Process.
- Taught short courses on Financial Reporting; published articles in LexisNexis on "Why Remediation Should be Run Like a Business" and "Financial Assurance"; and has Chaired the AHC Group Site Remediation & Management Risk Reduction Workshop for seven years.
To secure an AHC Group visit with Dwight Bedsole,
please contact the AHC Group President directly.
firstname.lastname@example.org • (518) 583-9615